● Viscose rugs are constructed of wood cellulose fibers, which absorb moisture easily, therefore cleaning is not advised.
● If cleaning should become necessary, dry cleaning is preferable. However, always check with the dry cleaner since some harsh chemicals may cause discoloration to the fibers.
● Do not spot clean with water as cellulose fibers will turn yellow or discolor when wet and may stain after cleaning.
● Lighter colors are more susceptible to staining and large, solid areas will show staining more easily.
● Avoid placing viscose rugs in high-traffic areas to minimize the need for cleaning.